Spieth on putting slump: 'No doubt in my abilities'

Spieth on putting slump: 'No doubt in my abilities'

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. Jordan Spieth ranks 195th in strokes gained-putting early in this PGA Tour season.He concedes hes in a minor slump with his putter, and that is making him more technical than he wants to be while he works into form.He is coming off a missed cut at Phoenix, his first in eight months, and hes coming to Pebble Beach, where bumpy poa annua grasses make short putts harder to make.So how is his confidence?Sounded pretty good Wednesday in his news conference as he prepares to defend the title he won here last year.I still believe that most of the guys who sit on this stage right here, if you ask them who they want putting on their team in a Ryder Cup, I believe they would say my name, Spieth said. I have no doubt in my abilities.
AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am: Articles, photos and videos
Its just a minor slump. Im just trying to get back. I got a little on top of it, and I was kind of hitting the ball into the ground with my hands pretty far forward, which is opposite to my natural tendency going back to when I was 8 years old. I just got into a place I hadnt been before, and I just kind of have to get back in a comfortable setup position. And everything will fall through from there.Spieth is working on a stroke that has caused too many misses for his liking from short range this year.The idea is to just stop thinking, just putt, and not having to worry about things, Spieth said. Thats not the reality for a little going forward, until my setup over the putter, Im seeing my lines and Im set up toward those lines.Spieth is 146th on Tour this season in putting from 4 to 8 feet. Pebble Beach isnt a great place to work on that range. It was the second toughest course on Tour last year to make 4 to 8 footers.Not to worry, Spieth said.Last year, he learned he doesnt have to have a great putting week to win the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.Last year was the first year where I lowered my expectations on the greens, and just accepted hitting putts at the right speed, and putting them around the right line, Spieth said. And if they fell, they fell. If they didn't, move on and hit as many greens in regulation as possible.I was striking the ball so well last year at this event, that I had one good putting day, and the other three were kind of average and that was good enough to get a win. So that was big as I go forward in this event.This might be the most important stat this week for Spieth, the real eye opener: His 68.8 scoring average at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am is the best in the last 30 years for players with 10 or more rounds played. 


Feb 07, 2018 · Jordan Spieth in a small slump with his putting without losing any doubt what he can do at Pebble Beach Spieth in a good spot to keep his thinking to a minimum. "So I have no doubt in my
Jordan Spieth On His Putting Gives You A Look At The Mind Of

Jordan Spieth on putting slump: 'Have no doubt in my abilities'


Spieth has no doubts about putting ability. Omnisport FOLLOW. so I have no doubt in my abilities," Spieth said. "I'm just going through just a minor slump that is just set-up related.
Spieth has no doubts about putting ability - sports.yahoo.com


Jordan Spieth concedes he's in a 'minor slump' with his putter, but he sounded pretty confident Wednesday at Pebble Beach. Jordan Spieth on putting slump: 'Have no doubt in my abilities' | Golf
Jordan Spieth on putting woes: 'I have no doubt in my abilities'


Spieth on putting: 'It's just a minor slump' Jordan Spieth confident in his abilities with the putter despite poor form. "I have no doubt in my abilities."
Jordan Spieth has 'no doubts' in putting ability - Sportstar


"I still believe that most of the guys … you ask them who do they want putting on your team in a Ryder Cup, and I believe they would say my name," Spieth said. "So I have no doubt in my
Spieth on putting: 'It's just a minor slump' | GolfMagic


"What goes through my head is I still believe that most of the guys that sit on this stage right here, you ask them who do they want putting on your team in a Ryder Cup, and I believe they would say my name - so I have no doubt in my abilities," Spieth said. "I'm just going through just a minor slump that is just set-up related.
Spieth has no doubts about putting ability - Sportskeeda.com


Speith: "What goes through my head is I still believe that most of the guys that sit on this stage right here, you ask them who do they want putting on your team in a Ryder Cup, and I believe they would say my name. So I have no doubt in my abilities. Just going through just a minor slump that is just setup related.


Jordan Spieth has struggled with his putter this season but the three-time major winner insists he has no doubts about his ability on the greens. Spieth ranks 195th in strokes gained putting in
Jordan Spieth has perfect response to question about his


Jordan Spieth has built a reputation as one of the best putters in the world, but the three time major champion has been struggling on the greens this season. Spieth was second on the PGA Tour in
Spieth has no doubts about putting ability - AS.com


Jordan Spieth has struggled with his putter this season but the three-time major winner insists he has no doubts about his ability on the greens. Spieth: 'I have no doubt in my abilities' Spieth
Spieth in a good spot to keep his thinking to a minimum

Post a Comment

0 Comments