Finau (T-4): 'Tough to not pick me' for Ryder Cup

Finau (T-4): 'Tough to not pick me' for Ryder Cup

NORTON, Mass. Just think about the heights Tony Finau could have reached over the last two weeks if Bryson DeChambeau had called in sick.After finishing alone in second behind DeChambeau last week at The Northern Trust, Finau again played some stellar golf but couldnt catch his fellow American. This time it was at the Dell Technologies Championship, where a final-round 68 at TPC Boston gave Finau a share of fourth place, four shots behind DeChambeau.Finau only has one career PGA Tour victory to his credit, that coming at the 2016 Puerto Rico Open, but his 10 top-10 finishes this season trail only world No. 1 Dustin Johnson for the most on Tour.Im trying to win every time I play, Finau said. I havent been able to do it, but I just feel the more I give myself opportunities, its going to happen. And my game feels as good as ever.DeChambeau is assuredly a lock for one of U.S. Ryder Cup captain Jim Furyks first three picks on Tuesday, expected to be announced alongside Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson. But Finaus continued consistent play has made him the perceived favorite to land the fourth and final pick which will come on Sept. 10 following the BMW Championship.After another strong performance, its a situation Finau is opting to embrace head-on as he gets set for a quick turnaround leading into the third playoff event.
Full-field scores from Dell Technologies ChampionshipUpdated FedExCup Playoffs standingsDell Technologies Championship: Articles, photos and videos
The more solid I play each week, Im making it tough to not pick me, if Im being honest, Finau said. Im not the one that gets to pick, Im the one that just gets to play. But Ive played some nice golf these last couple weeks, and if thats what it comes down to when (Furyk) makes his decision to pick a team for the Ryder Cup, and thats what hes waiting for for those picks, then I think Im going to be a hard guy to look past.While Finau will head to Aronimink Golf Club seemingly on the verge of booking his travel to Paris, there are still several contenders who could potentially make a statement at the buzzer, including Kevin Kisner, Xander Schauffele and Patrick Cantlay. But even if Finau gets left off Furyks 12-man squad, hes pleased with what hes seeing in his game as the season reaches its climax.The Ryder Cup would be a dream come true, and if it doesnt happen its not the end of the world for me, he said. I feel like Im going to make teams. I feel like its not an end result to be on a team, its a bonus. And it would be an absolute honor to play for my country and represent my country.


Why the final U.S. Ryder Cup captain's pick should absolutely be Tony Finau. and with all that pressure that comes with a Ryder Cup that isn't on home turf, that might be a factor.


Golf: Finau gets final spot on U.S. Ryder Cup team thenewsarticles September 11, 2018 Sports Leave a comment 0 Views (Reuters) - Tony Finau used to be named via United States captain Jim Furyk on Monday as the overall member of the workforce for this month's Ryder Cup.
Ryder Cup: Final United States captain's pick should be Tony


A week after finishing runner-up to DeChambeau at the Northern Trust, Finau turned in another fine display, finishing T-4 at TPC Boston. Following Sunday's round, Finau was not shy about this Paris ambitions. "The more solid I play each week, I'm making it tough to not pick me, if I'm being honest," Finau said.
Golf: Finau gets final spot on U.S. Ryder Cup team | | The


Utah's Tony Finau is not picked for the U.S. Ryder Cup team — yet. One last spot remains to be filled. I'm making it tough to not pick me, if I'm being honest," Finau told reporters this
Tony Finau added to U.S. Ryder Cup team as captain's pick


"I'm making it tough not to pick me" says Ryder Cup hopeful. Tony Finau: Would you pick him? Leave your thoughts on who the American picks might / should be in our Comments section below.
Utah's Tony Finau is not picked for the U.S. Ryder Cup team


"I'm making it tough to not pick me," Finau admitted Monday, and he's right - he deserves to be in the first wave of selections, along with Bryson DeChambeau and Tiger Woods.
Back-to-back for Bryson, Finau's Ryder Cup case, more putter


Bryson, again When the traditional post-win email announcing the winning staffer's equipment and apparel from Cobra/Puma hit my inbox, it occurred to me that Bryson DeChambeau […] GolfWRX Morning 9: Bryson! | Finau: "Tough not to pick me" for U.S. RC squad | A Tiger impersonator strikes - GolfWRX
"I'm making it tough not to pick me" says Ryder Cup hopeful

Tony Finau (T-4): 'Tough to not pick me' for Ryder Cup | Golf


NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa. -- Tony Finau has been named to the Ryder Cup team, the final pick by U.S. captain Jim Furyk. Finau joins Bryson DeChambeau, Phil Mickelson and Tiger Woods as Furyk's four wild
Phil Mickelson should be last Ryder Cup pick | Golf Channel


MORE: Buy from the official 2018 Ryder Cup store "The more solid I play each week, I'm making it tough to not pick me, if I'm being honest," Finau told Golf Channel after Monday's finish at Dell. "I'm not the one that gets to pick, I'm the one that just gets to play.
GolfWRX Morning 9: Bryson! | Finau: "Tough not to pick me


"The Ryder Cup would be a dream come true, and if it doesn't happen it's not the end of the world for me," he said. "I feel like I'm going to make teams. I feel like it's not an end
Ryder Cup Captain Jim Furyk has no shortage of strong options

Post a Comment

0 Comments