Woods makes cut despite 'awful' irons in 75

Woods makes cut despite 'awful' irons in 75

AUGUSTA, Ga. Tiger Woods hit just a single good iron shot all day his tee shot at No. 4 that ended up on the fifth tee box and posted his worst round at the Masters since 2012.The only silver lining was that he will get two more rounds at Augusta National to try and turn things around.Not exactly what the sports world was anticipating when the four-time Masters champion returned to Augusta National for the first time since 2015 following back-to-back top-10 finishes in his tune-up for the years first major.But if Woods second-round 75 was a surprise to the fans who lined Augusta Nationals fairways five and six rows deep, it oddly wasnt for Woods.I hit my irons awful today. I didn't control my distance, my shape, spins, he said. I left myself in bad spots.Woods bogeyed the first hole after missing the green from just 93 yards and made double bogey at the fifth hole after a wayward drive and another approach that was well off the mark.For the day, Woods hit just 10 of 18 greens in regulation and ranked 65th in the field of 87 in proximity to the hole (49 feet). As a result, hell begin the weekend tied for 40th and 13 strokes out of the lead.Woods explained he wasnt entirely comfortable with his iron play in his warm up and it quickly manifested itself from the first hole.
Masters Tournament: Scores | Live blog | Full coverage
I'm right in between 56- or 60- [degree wedge]. And thinking, OK, if I draw the 60 I should hold it on the hill. If hit 56 I'm playing more towards the center because I'm cutting and spinning off the slope, he said. I hit a little 60. Next thing I'm in the gallery. That wasn't exactly a great start.Like his opening-round 73, Woods battled back with birdies at Nos. 13 and 15, but he also added two more bogeys, including a sloppy miss when he stuck his tee shot in the ground and found the water hazard at the par-3 12th hole.Whatever the issue with his iron play, Woods said he knew how to adjust, but he will need to do it quickly if hes going to have any chance on the weekend.Even though I'm a lot behind, if I play a special weekend, shoot two rounds in the mid 60s, you never know, he said. If I get off to a quick start and get it rolling, get some momentum going, which I haven't had so far.Woods also urged patience and perspective, like he has done throughout this most recent comeback following fusion surgery on his lower back a year ago. This is, after all, the first time hes played the weekend at a major since the 15 Masters, and he took solace in the other parts of his game, particularly his putting and short game.Six months ago I didn't know if I'd be playing golf. Forget playing at the Tour level, I didn't know if I ever would be playing again, he said. But it's incredible to have the opportunity again, to still come out here and play this golf course. Now I know I'm in the weekend.But he also knows he has plenty of work to do, if not for this week, then to build momentum for the remainder of the major championship season.


May 01, 2018 · Tiger Woods puts away longtime irons for new TaylorMade set: 'It's no big deal for me' Justin Thomas trying to make his bad golf better. Woods made the cut and climbed into contention with


May 17, 2019 · Brooks Koepka makes history, Tiger Woods misses cut at PGA Championship "He's got 9-irons when most of us are hitting 5-irons, 4-irons, and he's putting well. "This probably sounds
Tiger Woods makes Masters cut, but he's 13 shots behind


Tiger Woods makes Masters cut, but he's 13 shots behind. April 06, 2018 "I hit my irons awful today," he said. "I didn't control my distance, my shape, spins. I left myself in bad spots. The
Tiger Woods' Masters encore ends with early exit at PGA


Tiger Woods opened with a two-under 70 on Thursday at Muirfield Village, a solid showing after a quick exit at the PGA Championship two weeks before. However, Woods will need to do some work on
Brooks Koepka makes history, Tiger Woods misses cut at PGA


And a lot of beautiful putts and didn't make anything." Right from the start, Woods found himself in a bad spot on Friday, short-siding himself on the first hole when he hit wedge from 93
Woods makes cut despite 'awful' irons in 75 | Glendale Golf


Pro David Lipsky made the cut at the 2019 PGA Championship on the number despite earning a penalty for being late to his tee time.
Tiger Woods Live Blog: Woods fails to make move on Day 2 at

208 Masters: Tiger Woods makes cut despite 'awful' irons in


Woods makes cut despite 'awful' irons in 75. By Rex Hoggard. April 6, 2018 at 8:24 PM. Getty Images AUGUSTA, Ga. - Tiger Woods hit just a single "good" iron shot all day - his tee shot at
Masters 2018: Tiger Woods makes the Masters cut. Contending


Tiger Woods score: Big Cat narrowly makes the cut at Wells Fargo Championship in Round 2 Woods did not putt well again on Friday, and he'll need to improve that area over the weekend
Tiger Woods returns to PGA Tour with new irons, says he's


Woods hit just 3 of 14 fairways in Round 2 and still had a chance to make the cut at the last hole. like we drove it awful. So I'm not worried about that. of us are hitting 5 irons and 4
Tiger Woods score: Big Cat narrowly makes the cut at Wells


Woods makes cut despite 'awful' irons in 75. Share this post. Woods makes cut despite 'awful' irons in 75. Source: Golf Channel Published on 2018-04-07
David Lipsky makes cut despite penalty for being - golf.com

Post a Comment

0 Comments