Upset Reed wanted to 'light the room up like Phil in 14'

Upset Reed wanted to 'light the room up like Phil in 14'

SAINT-QUENTIN-EN-YVELINES, France The last question at what had been a glum press conference was directed at Jordan Spieth and Patrick Reed.The two Americans were asked if they were surprised not to have gotten paired together at the Ryder Cup considering their record as a team. Spieth, and U.S. captain Jim Furyk, explained that by splitting the two they ended up with what they thought were two power pairings, with Spieth playing with Justin Thomas and Reed with Tiger Woods.Reed was never given a chance to answer the question that is until he was contacted late on Sunday by the New York Times, and it turns out he had plenty to say.
Match scoring from the 42nd Ryder CupRyder Cup: Articles, photos and videos
The issues obviously with Jordan not wanting to play with me, Reed told the Times. I dont have any issue with Jordan. When it comes right down to it, I dont care if I like the person Im paired with or if the person likes me as long as it works and it sets up the team for success. He and I know how to make each other better. We know how to get the job done.Reed and Woods lost their Day 1 fourball match, and the player dubbed Captain America following his performance at the 2014 and 16 Ryder Cups, was sat in the afternoon. After losing again with Woods on Saturday, Reed was benched for the final team session.For somebody as successful in the Ryder Cup as I am, I dont think its smart to sit me twice, Reed said.Reed said he was surprised that Furyk didnt alter his pairings after the Europeans took a 5-3 lead on Friday and described a buddy system decision-making process.By contrast, Spieth explained to reporters that we were totally involved with every decision that was made. Reed was never given a chance to answer.I was looking at him like I was about to light the room up like Phil in 14, said Reed comparing his frustration to that of Phil Mickelson after the U.S. lost the 14 matches.


"I was looking at him like I was about to light the room up like Phil in '14." For those that may not be aware of the reference from Team USA star Patrick Reed - Phil Mickelson famously launched
Patrick Reed Torched Jordan Spieth in Interview After Ryder


Upset Reed wanted to 'light the room up like Phil in '14'Source: Golf ChannelPublished on 2018-10-01
Patrick Reed breaks silence about Jordan Spieth decision in


Patrick Reed and Jordan Spieth went their separate ways while Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson became best buds. Here are the top quotes of the year.


Patrick Reed rips into Jordan Spieth, Jim Furyk in NYT interview: "I was looking at (Jordan) like I was about to light the room up like Phil in '14"
Best of 2018: Top Quotes of the Year | Golf Channel


Ryder Cup September 30, 2018 Patrick Reed rips into Jordan Spieth, Jim Furyk in NYT interview: "I was looking at (Jordan) like I was about to light the room up like Phil in '14"
Upset Reed wanted to 'light the room up like Phil in '14


Patrick Reed Opens Up On USA's "Buddy System" And Says He Wanted To Light Up The Press Conference Like Phil In '14 September 30, 2018 / Geoff Shackelford The New York Times' Karen Crouse interviewed Patrick Reed about an hour after the final 2018 Ryder Cup press conference and heard the Masters champ complain about his pairing breakup with
Patrick Reed rips Jordan Spieth, Furyk in post-Ryder Cup


"I was looking at him like I was about to light the room up like Phil in '14," Reed said. It's obvious that more was at work behind the scenes and if Spieth didn't want to play
Patrick Reed Opens Up On USA's "Buddy System" And Says He


"I mean, I grew up watching that guy," Rahm said. "Last week I was making a video at the top of the East Lake clubhouse, just watching him win his 80 th event. The list goes on and on. To play the golf I did, barely missed any shots, got up early, and to clinch it the way I did after the missed putt on 16, it's a lot of emotions."
Patrick Reed rips into Jordan Spieth, Jim Furyk in NYT


Patrick Reed slams Jordan Spieth, Jim "I was looking at (Jordan) like I was about to light the room up like Phil in '14," Reed told the Times. He wanted a free drop because TV tower
Patrick Reed rips into Jordan Spieth, Jim Furyk in NYT

Upset Reed wanted to 'light the room up like Phil in '14'


"I was looking at him like I was about to light the room up like Phil in '14," said Reed comparing his frustration to that of Phil Mickelson after the U.S. lost the '14 matches.
2018 Ryder Cup: Patrick Reed Upset wanted to 'light the room

Post a Comment

0 Comments