Woods: 'Ive been very unsuccessful [on 10] both ways'

Woods: 'Ive been very unsuccessful [on 10] both ways'

LOS ANGELES When plotting your way around Riviera Country Club, the most vexing decision often comes on the 10th tee.Thats where players at this weeks Genesis Open will be faced with one of the biggest risk-reward decisions offered each year on the PGA Tour. While the hole measures just 315 yards from the tips, a misplaced shot into a shallow and severely-sloped green can often lead to bogey or worse.Its a decision that tournament host Tiger Woods hasnt faced since 2006, and as he gets set to make his return to his former hometown event he still hasnt made up his mind about how to tackle No. 10.I have done both, Ive gone for it and Ive laid up, and Ive been very unsuccessful both ways, Woods said Tuesday. I believe the percentage is right around 51, 52 percent who go for it make birdie. Its a toss-up, it really is.
Genesis Open: Articles, photos and videos
Woods birdied No. 10 all four days back in 2003, and his all-time record on the hole stands at 12 under in 36 career competitive rounds. But he admitted that the options afforded to players on the hole have changed significantly thanks to equipment advances over the last quarter century.I remember hitting a 3-iron or sometimes a cut 2-iron to the left, and then wedge it on, Woods said. No one really went for it because at the time I first played here as a junior (1992), most of the professionals were first using persimmon (woods) and balata balls, the balls werent going very far. Obviously the games changed. Today I hit 3-wood, landed on the green and it went over.


Newsmakers of the Year: Tiger Woods Tiger Woods and the long, hard road to getting 'back' His latest comeback attempt started well at the Hero World Challenge but there's more work ahead for the
Sorry I've been away | Page 2 | FliteTest Forum


You know, I had not been that centered to that flag, center of the green. I've been more on the right side of the green, so I had a little better angle. But I've had a very similar putt to that speed‑wise, so made sure that if I make a mistake on that putt, make the mistake of leaving it short up on that middle ridge.


Tiger Woods hasn't faced Riviera Country Club's 10th hole since 2006, I've gone for it and I've laid up, and I've been very unsuccessful both ways," Woods said Tuesday. "I believe
Tiger Woods ready to go at Riviera: 'It's winning time'


Woods droved with a 2-iron Wednesday, then hit a delicate pitch within 10 feet, but failed to capitalize on the sixth-shortest par-4 on the PGA TOUR. Of the 900 holes played on TOUR in 2017, No. 10 ranked 700th in difficulty. "I've gone for it and laid up and I've been very unsuccessful both ways," he said.
Quick look at the Genesis Open - PGATOUR.COM

Leadership Journey, Vol. 5, No. 2.pdf
A Leadership Journey: Personal Reflections from the School of Hard Knocks R. Scott Pochron Abstract: The following paper chronicles the evolution of the author's thinking on leadership through the course of his work experience. Leadership is viewed as a dynamical process involving both formal and informal roles. The process is initiated as
Tiger Woods - asapsports.com

How will Tiger Woods tackle 10? 'I've been very unsuccessful


At his Tuesday press conference, Tiger Woods opened up on his progress heading into this week's Genesis Open at Riviera. and I've been very unsuccessful both ways," he said, acknowledging
Riviera's 10th Hole is a 10 | Golf Channel


Others, like Woods, adhere to a more calculated approach. "I have done both, I've gone for it and laid up and I've been very unsuccessful both ways," Woods laughed. "It's a tossup, it really
Tiger preps for Riviera - Newsfeed


The main advantages to this club are the weighted sole and the moderately sized head. I have recently hit a number of good shots with this club out of questionable lies. It is also very effective off the tee on tight driving holes. I've been very pleased with its performance.
PDF A Leadership Journey: Personal Reflections from the School of


Tiger Woods, making his 11th start at Riviera but his first in 12 years, has used both approaches. "I've gone for it and laid up - and I've been very unsuccessful both ways," he said.
Tiger Woods and the long, hard road to getting 'back' - Golf


I know I've been quiet on the forums for a little bit, and someone msged me to ask why I recently popped back up. Well, I figured I'd spill what happened, and tell everyone to take care of themselves, as part of what happened to me: A while back, everyone in my office was getting hit with illness.
Callaway Steelhead/Steelhead Plus Fairway Woods user reviews

Post a Comment

0 Comments