Mickelson on opening 72: 'I played terrible'

Mickelson on opening 72: 'I played terrible'

HUMBLE, Texas Phil Mickelson didnt mince words following an even-par 72 to open the Shell Houston Open.Mickelson birdied three of the four par 5s at the Golf Club of Houston, but he also added three bogeys in his first competitive round since a quarterfinals loss to Bill Haas at the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play. He now sits eight shots off the early pace set by Rickie Fowler (64).I played terrible, Mickelson said. I was just a little bit off. I didnt hit my irons close, I didnt make a lot of great putts. I did make some to keep it at even. Hit a few in the hazard. I wasnt quite sharp today, but Ive been playing well so Im hopeful to come out tomorrow and shoot a low one and get back in it.
Shell Houston Open: Articles, photos and videos
Mickelson made his annual pilgrimage to Augusta National Golf Club earlier this week, playing the course on both Monday and Tuesday before returning to the Lone Star State.Its in incredible shape, like it always is, he said. The greens were quick. The greens, they had them up to a pretty good speed. It was nice to get a little bit of work done.Mickelson now finds himself in an early hole, but hes still hopeful that hell get his game back on track before renewing his quest for a fourth green jacket and first win on Tour in nearly four years.I think playing here really helps me, helps me to get sharp so that I dont have a day like this next Thursday, he said. I get focused and dialed in a lot easier when I only have three days in between tournament rounds rather than 10 days or more. I like playing the week before.


2019 U.S. Open field: Phil Mickelson headlines host of golfers looking to claim first title where ball-striking and sharp play on and around the greens helped lift him to the top of a field
Mickelson after shooting a 72: 'I played terrible' | theScore.com


Phil Mickelson shoots 'terrible' 3-over 73 during first round at British Open. and Tiger played the best I've seen him play at the U.S. Open. I learned a lot by watching him, how he hit a lot
2019 U.S. Open field: Phil Mickelson headlines host of

Phil Mickelson Played Terrible at 2017 Shell Houston Open


In a 3M Open news release that announced his decision, Mickelson said he was swayed by friendships he formed in Minnesota since he played at age 21 in the 1991 U.S. Open at Hazeltine National Golf
Phil Mickelson: 'I just played terrible - USA TODAY


That sounds harsh, and it is harsh, but Mickelson has a history with the USGA, and the USGA has a history with him. He has played in 27 U.S. Opens and has been the runner-up in six of them.
Phil Mickelson shoots 'terrible' 3-over 73 during first round


Mickelson on opening 72: 'I played terrible' By Phil Mickelson didn't mince words following an even-par 72 to open the Shell Houston Open. Mickelson birdied three of the four par 5s at the
Phil Mickelson demeaned the game and revealed more of himself


Apr 13, 2013 · Phil Mickelson shot a 5-over 77 on Saturday and was near the bottom of the leaderboard Mickelson had four bogeys and three double bogeys "I just played terrible.
Mickelson unsure about playing Players Champ. - espn.com


Mickelson shot 78 Friday after opening the tournament with a 68 and ended up missing the cut for Saturday. I hit some terrible shots. it's a lot easier to play." Mickelson won his 44th PGA
U.S. Open: Phil Mickelson explains away meltdown


From ESPN.com:. Mickelson has agreed to play while wearing the button-down, long-sleeve, performance-fabric shirt that had the internet buzzing when he donned it for a practice round at the Masters.


I wasn't quite sharp today, but I've been playing well so I'm hopeful to come out tomorrow and shoot a low one and get back in it."Mickelson hasn't won a PGA Tour event since the 2013 Open
Big addition for 3M Open: Phil Mickelson commits to play in


If Mickelson's explanation for his stupefying, run-and-slap putt of a moving ball Saturday during the U.S. Open is to be believed, his brain blows away Einstein's.
Phil Mickelson Is Wearing A Ridiculous Shirt While Playing Today

Post a Comment

0 Comments